The Titirangi Volunteer Coastguard was formed in 1969 and became a founding member and full affiliate of the Royal New Zealand Coastguard Federation in 1976.
The Unit was established to provide assistance to the New Zealand Police in marine rescue operations, to provide a VHF radio safety net for those who choose to boat on the Manukau Harbour and West Coast, and to assist in the education of all recreational boat users within our operational region.
The Titirangi Volunteer Coastguard operates on the Manukau Harbour, Manukau Bar and West Coast bounded by Raglan to the south and the Kaipara Harbour to the north.
The operational area from the Manukau Heads is approximately 50 nautical miles North and 50 nautical miles South to 12 nautical miles off the coast. This gives an operational area of some 1300 square miles, including the 100 square miles of the Manukau Harbour.
|Legal Name||Titirangi Volunteer Coastguard Inc|
Click on the map and choose from the list below (full NZ location map pdf here).