Work for Coastguard and support our awesome volunteers, saving lives at sea.
We are a voluntary organisation, but our national and regional offices have small teams of operational, managerial, administrative and fundraising staff with one aim - supporting the volunteers who are out there at the sharp end, saving lives at sea.
This section displays current vacancies in our national or regional offices.
(If you are interested in volunteering for Coastguard, please see our volunteering section.)
Fundraising and Direct Marketing Executive
Fundraising Team, National Office (Parnell, Auckland) 40 hours per week. Listed March 2019.
The Fundraising and Direct Marketing Executive is responsible for managing a range of fundraising and direct marketing activities, including fundraising appeals and newsletters, supporter retention and development campaigns, and digital marketing/fundraising initiatives.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager and working in a small team in a pleasant working environment in Parnell, Auckland, the role is hands-on with a great opportunity for the right person to demonstrate their flair for planning, copywriting, segmentation, creating digital content, managing suppliers and engaging and delighting Coastguard supporters.
We're looking for:
- Understanding of fundraising, planning and outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, and great copywriting.
- Experience of working with data and databases, including writing data briefs, and using segmentation for targeted messaging.
- Experience of producing creative marketing or fundraising campaigns, and briefing and managing design, print and mailing suppliers.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and ClickDimensions/Mailchimp or similar eDM software.
- Organised, with good time management and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and project manage diverse activities.
- Initiative and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Tertiary qualification (communications, marketing or fundraising preferred).
- 2-3 years’ direct marketing experience in a fundraising or marketing environment
Click here for the job description (PDF). To apply please send a covering letter and your CV to the recruiting manager. Applications will be considered on receipt.
Supporter Development Manager
National Office (Parnell, Auckland) 20 hours per week. Listed March 2019.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to hit the ground running and support the development and roll out of our Mid-Level and Major Donor Programmes. They will also manage our existing Coastguardian Bequest Programme.
Essentially this role will build on existing supporter goodwill, and our trusted brand, to develop quality and enduring relationships with our most passionate supporters. They will procure bequests, increase income and improve supporter retention through increased engagement.
We need a passionate fundraiser with experience in developing supporter relationships, and who understands the importance of ongoing stewardship.
Core duties include:
- Development and implementation of the Mid-Level and Major Donor Programmes.
- Management of the Bequest Programme and bequest supporter caseload.
- Development of campaigns to generate bequest leads.
- Management and stewardship of high value supporters.
- Promotion of bequest programme to key stakeholder groups.
- Production and management of supporter communications and collateral.
- Evaluation and analysis of programmes.
- Ongoing tracking of supporter activity and journey on CRM database.
Skills and experience
- 4 years’ plus experience in fundraising roles.
- Experience in relationship management essential.
- Track record of achieving and growing fundraising income.
- Fundraising, marketing or relevant qualification and/or lots of fundraising experience.
- Excellent communication skills – phone, written and face to face.
- Ability to relate to people sensitively of all ages and from diverse backgrounds.
- Confident public speaker and presenter.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite - knowledge of CRM database desirable.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, with lots of initiative.
Click here for the job description (PDF), and to apply please email your covering letter and CV to the recruiting manager.
National Office (Parnell, Auckland) 30 hours per week. Listed April 2019.
The role of Project Administrator is based at the Coastguard NZ office located in Parnell Auckland, conveniently close to transport, parks and shops. Reporting to the National Fleet Manager and working closely with the Coastguard National Team to enable the efficient and effective control of projects and business as usual work. Start times are flexible and a (full time equivalent) salary will be commensurate with your experience.
- Maintain registers/ logs to enable preparation of high level accurate reports.
- Set up and maintain project files.
- Establish document control procedures.
- Update safety system documentation and communicate updates to stake holders.
- Organise and attend meetings, take minutes & contribute process improvements where appropriate.
- Two years’ experience as a Project Administrator.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and time management (task prioritisation) skills.
And Hope You Have:
- Experience working in the commercial marine or aviation industry.
- Has an understanding of Standard 168:2017 "Document Control".
- Has an understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method.
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint and Visio.
- Experience with the 'Smartsheet' collaboration system.
- Has a great sense of humour.
Click here for the job description (PDF), and click here to apply.
Applications close 18 April.