Howick Rescue 2 Vessel
Howick Rescue 2 (HR2)
Launching was 7th July 2007.
|Howick CRV - "Howick Rescue 2"|
Howick Rescue 2 (HR2) is a NAIAD 5.5 metre RIB. The boat is crewed by 2 to 6 people. Funding was obtained from Pub Charity.
- Length 5.5 metre RIB
- Mercury Sportjet of 240hp
- Centre console for 2 crew standing/sitting side by side in bolster type seats, centre console provides dash area for radar/GPS combo display and instrumentation as well as a screen protection for the crew. A storage unit is mounted on the front of this console and is used as another seat
- Additional aft seating for a further 2 crew
- Self draining from the cockpit
- A maximum height of 2.3 metres on the trailer
- Has a Bimini top for crew protection over the centre console area and as a mount for necessary navigation lights and a radar
- Has under floor fuel tank of 150ltrs
- Sealed buoyancy chambers in the hull
- Fitted with a bilge pump with auto/manual and alarm
- The vessel is built to survey
- Is mounted on a trailer that is suitable to be used both on the beach and the road
- An all up weight of approximately 1500kg (max laiden)
Listed below is the equipment list that is carried for the safe operation of this vessel
Bow bollard, Bow line, Anchor, chain & warp, VHF and UHF Aerials, Bimini top (2.3 m max height on trailer), Front screen, RaymarineGPS/Plotter/Radar/Depth Sounder, Switch board, Steering, Engine instruments, Icom VHF plus UHF Radios, Navigation equipment, Battery x 2, Strobes x 6, Bolster style forward seats(side by side), Aft seats x 2, Hella LED Navigation Lights including towing lights, Power socket (12 volt), Compass, EPIRB (406), Cellphone, Lifejackets x 6, Spotlights (2), Torch, Boat hook, Bucket, Life ring, Paddle, Air horn, Flare Kit, 2 x 2kg Fire extinguishers, Knife, First aid kit, Handrails, Bilge pump, Aft deck light, Stern cleats for towing, Bellows, Lines on tubes inside and outside of tube, Stern lines, Boarding platform, Small tool kit, Shut off flaps for engine vents, Spare lines, Spare engine oil, Towline.
Photos from Launching 7th July 2007